miércoles, 12 de febrero de 2020

The Shelter




My metronomous feet walk the Cohenian Love and Hate
as if they were operatic arias.

I pull you from a distant memory to sit with me
and drink a coffee for this once.

“I didn’t believe you when you told me that you had no love for me”

I tried to break in front of you
hoping the hero will gather the pieces
and put me back together.
And I had you in my lap
and while I could
I gave shelter to your back
so that you never had to feel
the cold of the winter nor starve
though I almost froze to death and you had no love to give me

I also didn´t ask since you said was not in you
wasn´t you
wasn’t natural
wasn´t there.

So I still from time to time shed a tear and wonder why I could not believe in you when you said that in your heart
you had no love for me.

Still once in a while through all these years I sit with you
only this time we share the cloak and pray to God
we save ourselves from the hunger and the winter.

2 comentarios:

  1. Respuestas
    1. Estoy escribiendo en inglés. Supongo porque ando leyendo mucho más en inglés que español hoy día.

      Eliminar